These resources have been pulled together in one handy place to promote awareness of the flu vaccine. All organisations, stakeholders, groups and networks are welcome to download and use this information on their owned channels.
If you have any questions or require further materials, please contact the Communications Team at the ICB: comms.
Partner organisations can download:
Get vaccinated, get winter strong
- Public winter vaccination campaign material from the Campaign Resource Centre including resources in different languages and the new national annual campaign materials.
- Over 65 social cards in English, Bengali, Polish, Punjabi, Romanian and Urdu
- Communication toolkit for GP practices to promote the winter vaccines.
- NHSE have developed spokespeople videos for all to share.
- The British Islamic Medical Association (BIMA) have produced two resources that explain the benefits of flu vaccination, the Islamic position on taking up the vaccine, and how to weigh up whether your children should have the nasal spray vaccine given the porcine gelatine content and conflict with a halal diet. Available at: https://
britishima.org/ guide/ flu-vaccines-update-23/
Documents and guides
Videos from local healthcare professionals
Interim Public Health Director in Walsall, Nadia Inglis, takes you with her to get her flu vaccine at a local pharmacy – she encourages those eligible to get theirs too.
Local chaplain urges people to get the winter vaccines - Laurel Woodstock, Ecumenical Chaplain from The Royal Wolverhampton NHS Trust has had her winter vaccines.
Why you should get the flu vaccine - Dr Lloyd Baron, a GP in the Black Country talks about his experience as a GP and why he gets the flu vaccine
The truth about the flu vaccination - flu myths debunked by local healthcare professionals in a GP practice.
Local translation videos
- Does the flu vaccine give you flu? - Cantonese translation
- Can the nasal flu spray give your child autism? - Mandarin translation
- Is it better to catch flu, rather than have the vaccine? - Romanian translation
- What is flu and how can I protect myself and others? - Arabic translation
- Why to get the flu vaccine - Hungarian translation
- Why to get the flu vaccine - Romanian translation
West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust produced a number of videos of their staff promoting the flu vaccine which can be shared from their YouTube channel - Officialwmas - YouTube