The Integrated Care Board has a number of committees which are responsible for ensuring that our functions and duties are properly managed and that decisions are made appropriately and in line with our powers.
Our Board meetings are held in public, and members of the public are invited to attend and observe if they wish.
Our governance structure is set out here. Further details can be found in our Governance Handbook.
Black Country Integrated Care Board (ICB)
- Finance, Performance & Digital Committee
- People Committee
- Quality & Safety Committee
- Strategic Commissioning Committee
- System Development Committee
The Board meets in formal public sessions six times a year. It is provided with accurate, timely and clear information so it can maintain full and effective control over strategic, financial, operational, compliance and governance issues.
It is the Board’s job to ensure we act effectively, efficiently, economically and in accordance with our Constitution. Our Constitution sets out all the rules, arrangements and principles we follow when commissioning healthcare services for the people of the Black Country. Our Constitution is available to read.
This meeting is open to the public. You can find Board meeting dates on our events calendar and past meeting papers below, or in our key documents folder.
|Date of meeting||Venue||Link to papers
(available following each meeting)
|1 July 2022||Wolverhampton Civic Centre||Download papers for 1 July Board|
|29 September 2022||Wolverhampton Civic Centre||Download papers for 29 Sept Board|
|24 November 2022||Wolverhampton Civic Centre||Download papers for 24 Nov Board|
|26 January 2023||Wolverhampton Civic Centre||Download papers for 26 Jan Board|
|30 March 2023||Wolverhampton Civic Centre||Download papers for 30 March Board|
25 May 2023
|Wolverhampton Civic Centre||Download papers for 25 May Board|
22 June 2023
|Wolverhampton Civic Centre||Download papers for 22 June Board|
27 July 2023
|Wolverhampton Civic Centre||Download papers for 27 July Board|
|28 Sept 2023||Wolverhampton Civic Centre||Download papers for 28 Sept Board|
|30 Nov 2023 (provisional date)||Wolverhampton Civic Centre|
|26 Jan 2024 (provisional date)||Wolverhampton Civic Centre|
|28 March 2023 (provisional date)||Wolverhampton Civic Centre|
The Annual General Meeting (AGM) is held every year and provides the public with the opportunity to hear about the work that has taken place over the previous 12 months. At the meeting the Annual Report and Financial Accounts are also presented.
- This Committee is accountable to the Board and provides independent and objective assurance on internal controls, audit arrangements, governance and statutory functions.
- Chair: Mr Alan Edwards
- This Committee is accountable to the Board and is responsible for setting pay and conditions for ICB staff and Board members.
- Chair: Mr Ranjit Sondhi
- This Committee is accountable to the Board and is responsible for providing assurance on the ICB’s statutory financial duties, system performance, and digital strategy and delivery.
- Chair: Mrs Gianjeet Hunjan
- This Committee is accountable to the Board and is responsible for reviewing the implementation of the People Strategy and other workforce development issues.
- Chair: Mr Ranjit Sondhi
- This Committee is accountable to the Board and is responsible for monitoring quality and improvement across the health and care system, and for oversight of safeguarding, continuing healthcare and medicines.
- Chair: Dr Sonia Ashraf
- This Committee is accountable to the Board and is responsible for developing plans for health services for the local population, including the commissioning of primary care.
- Chair: Bishop Lllewellyn Graham
- This Committee is accountable to the Board and is responsible for developing the system operating model, provider collaboratives, primary care collaboratives, and Place-based partnerships.
- Chair: Mr Jonathan Fellows
This Sub-Committee is accountable to the Strategic Commissioning Committee and is responsible for commissioning primary care and preparing for the future delegation to ICB of further primary care services.
Our four Local Commissioning Boards – one for each of Dudley, Sandwell, Walsall and Wolverhampton – are accountable to the Strategic Commissioning Committee. They are responsible for exercising powers that the ICB has delegated to them for the local commissioning of services in their local area.